Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Another week, another tutorial is here. This time I’m showing you how to design a pitch down single shot that I use a lot in my production. Again we are going to use Serum as a tool to make this Psychedelic single shot.
Open Serum and let’s start setting up this amazing patch. – Envelope 1 – Attach to 0, Decay to 1/4 of the note, Sustain to 0, release 10ms
– Envelope 2 – Attach to 0, Hold to 1/8 of the note, Decay 1/4 of the note. Sustain to 0 and Release to 10ms
– Connect Envelop 2 to CRS pitch of OSC A. – In Matrix, setup the amount of the pitch to 28, and chose one direction.
– Turn on filter and choose HP12 – Put Cuttof on 2000hz, Resonance on 40%, Drive to 31 and turn on Filter Key Track
– Tun on Noise Osc and choose ARP White, and put Level to 0
– Connect LFO1 to Noise Level and set up and turn it on to 25% up, click on the ENV button on the LFO1 Option and leave it on 1/4 We could use as well Envelope for this, but it is faster and easier to use LFO as an envelope for this option
– Connect LFO1 also to Cutoff, and it should trigger it just for a little, like 5% just to bring a little bit of cutoff down
– Turn on Sub OSC and put level to 0, chose the last shape of the Sub OSC shape
– From Warp Menu on OSC A, chose FM (SUB) and leave the amount on 0
– Connect LFO2 with the FM (SUB) and put the amount to 24 – LFO shape set up as a picture below and turn on ENV on LFO2
Now we are going to move on FX page
– Turn on Distorsion and choose Diode 1, Drive to 35%, MIx to 54% – Turn on Delay, Feedback to 80%, Left 1/8 dot, right 1/4 dot, mix to 33% and make the shape of the filter on delay as a picture bellow, position on 1000hz
Dist + Delay
– Turn on Reverb, Hall, Size 33%, Mix 20% – Turn on Filter on FX, and choose Bandpass 12, Cuttof on 330hz, Resonance 28%, Drive to 60, Fat 49%, Mix on 50%